Working Out for All Shapes & Sizes: Loosing Weight at Our Boot Camps
People who are not fit are generally that way because they have developed bad habits. Bad habits can’t be broken overnight. You need motivation and ways to develop good habits in the future. At Elite Edge, our boot camps provide you with a structured environment surrounded by people who want to show you how to live a healthier lifestyle for the long term. These boot camps are a great option for working out for all shapes and sizes.
Elite Edge Boot Camp
Joining a boot camp may seem daunting, but anyone of any shape or size can and should join a boot camp for fitness, weight loss, and overall health! You can lose weight while you’re in the boot camp, but more importantly, you will learn how to keep unwanted weight off and stay in shape for years to come. You will become healthier and add years to your life. Too much extra weight is harmful to your body, both physically and emotionally. It lowers your self esteem and puts you at risk for many illnesses, heart attacks, and high blood pressure.
In our boot camps, the instructors will place you on a strict fitness and diet regimen. They challenge you to meet and excel your fitness and nutrition goals, while doing it under healthy circumstances. Once the physical accomplishments start occurring, you will see positive effects on other aspects of your life. At our gym in Des Moines, the dramatic changes you will see will also improve your physical health. You will begin to feel better and may actually be able to come off of some medications for your heart, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, and diabetes.
Loosing Weight Through Our Boot Camp
If you’re looking to get in shape, especially if you’re trying to loose weight, joining a boot camp or one of our other workout groups can make a huge difference. It’s hard to stay motivated to get fit and loose weight on your own.
Some of the reasons it is hard to lose weight on your own are:
- Weight is likely related to your mental state. It has a great deal to do with how you look at yourself and your body from a psychological perspective. Until you understand WHY you’ve gained weight, you won’t be able to take it off. You will need to work on your mental health before you can really start living a healthier lifestyle in the long term.
- Being overweight is the result of building up bad habits. Breaking the habits can’t be done unless you have some support system in place. Otherwise, you’ll eventually default back to them.
- It is nearly impossible for someone to motivate themselves to change. You can be motivated for short periods of time, but without help and encouragement, you’ll eventually lose the motivation.
- Your friends, family, and co-workers more than likely have some of the same bad habits that you do… and it’s quite possible and you learned your bad habits from them. Over time, they will lead you temptation and you’ll go back to your old ways.
- When people are overweight, they might be living in a toxic environment. The couch, office snack machine, the cubicle that you sit in all day – these are all things that are examples of a toxic environment. Life is going to keep tempting you to do things that can make you gain weight. You can’t create a new and healthier environment on your own. You need to get out of that environment and into a new one that is free of temptation until you can make your bad habits a thing of the past.
- Humans are social and our behavior changes only when the nature of our community changes. On our own, the community we are part of will be set up to keep us fat. It’s only by becoming part of a different community that encourages weight loss that our instinct will kick in to push us to change our lifestyle choices.
So, yes… you can and should join a boot camp, no matter what your size or shape is. It will literally change your life for the better.