How to Tone your Arms and Lose the Flab
At the Lean Body Boot Camp, a gym in Des Moines, we know how to assist women in toning their arms. Do you want to wear a tank top this summer? Or maybe you have a black-tie affair coming up and want to wear a strapless gown – and look good in it. Well, we can help get your arms in shape (without adding bulk). Just incorporate the following into your workout routine at ourDes Moines gym.
Complete 2-3 sets and 15-20 reps for each of these exercises, 3 times a week.
- Stand while holding a dumbbell in each hand, arms in front of you
- Exhale and slowly curl your palms toward your shoulders, then inhale and slowly return your arms to the starting position
- Remember to keep your chest extended and your core contracted – if you’re unsure of how to do this, any of the employees at our gym inDes Moineswill be happy to give you a demonstration!
- Stand while holding a dumbbell in each hand, arms at your sides
- Just like the Biceps Curl, exhale and slowly curl your hands up and toward your shoulders, then inhale and slowly return your hands to the starting position
- Again, remember to keep your chest extended and your core contracted
In order to improve balance, try sitting on a stability ball or standing on a balance disc while doing the above exercises.
Work on your Triceps at our Des Moines, IA gym
Dumbbell Triceps Overhead Extension
- Stand with your feet slightly apart, holding 1 dumbbell over your head using both hands
- Contract your core and expand your chest while keeping your elbows close to your body
- On exhale, you slowly extend your arms over your head, and on inhale you slowly bring your arms back down
Don’t Forget your Shoulders!
- Sit on a stability ball and hold a dumbbell in each hand, above your shoulders
- Contract your core
- Exhale and extend your arms over your head, inhale and bring them back
2-Arm Kettlebell Swing
- Begin in a squat, holding a kettlebell between your legs with both hands
- Contract your core and glutes
- Exhale and swing the kettlebell to your shoulders and on inhale and bring it back down.
… Or your Chest
- Lie on the floor with your knees bent, holding a dumbbell in each hand
- Contract your core
- On exhale, slowly extend your arms to the ceiling, and on inhale bring them back down
Starting these arm exercises may be intimidating, but doing so often becomes necessary if you want to keep your arms in shape and toned.
By focusing on working these 4 areas, using the dumbbells and other exercise equipment available at our gym inDes Moines, you can get rid of the flab. Also – you’ll gain strength!